Blast your buns, rock out to some tunes, savor tasty Clif Bars, jump in the ocean, cruise the chill boardwalk and dance the night away at BLVD Project on this FREE charity ride in support of Mission North.
2 hours of biking + 6 hours of hanging out
Bring your own bike OR Rent one from us
Max of 80 people
Say hello to 80 of your newest friends.
The day starts at Get Up and Ride HQ in Williamsburg for check-in, quick run-down of the day's itinerary, meet and great with fellow riders and a general safety chat. From there we'll embark on our 20 mile, slow-roll, scenic bike ride through Brooklyn to Rockaway Beach.
Get used to saying WOW.
We designed this route to highlight some of Brooklyn's most beautiful neighborhoods from the brownstones of Bed-Stuy and Prospect Heights, to the mansions of Brooklyn's waterfront at Marina Park. Along the way our friends at Clif Bar have a special stop planned for us to refuel and hydrate with some tasty treats.
Feed your adventure.
Our friends at Clif Bar will setup shop at a secret location along the ride route to fuel our adventure with tasty energy bars, water and more. With bellies full and selfies-a-plenty we'll continue south towards our sandy promised land.
Wip out that SPF 50.
Jump in the ocean, work on your tan or grab some beers and food on Rockaway Beach's famous boardwalk. We'll bring the party, you bring the good vibes.
Join us for an after party.
Tucked away on the western section of the boardwalk at Rockaway Beach is our last hang of the evening, BLVD Project and their famous beer garden. Enjoy the sunset with a cool drink in your hand as you reflect on the amazing day, new friends and sweet tan you just got.
- This charity event is FREE and open to guests with their own bike OR if you need one, rent one from us for an additional $30. You MUST register online and in advance to participate. You'll be asked to make a donation to our partner charity Mission North when you arrive at check-in the day of the ride.
- Guests renting bikes should meet at 10:10AM at the Get Up and Ride shop located at 330 S. 3rd Street in Williamsburg. Guests renting bikes from Get Up and Ride will have support and a mechanic on staff to assist with bike issues.
- For those bringing their own bike, you will be responsible for your own bike which means any mechanical issues or flat tires experienced during the ride will have to be fixed at a local bike shop. You'll get the tour guides phone number in case of issues before the tour but please make sure your bike is ready to ride the day of the event.
- Tours depart at 11 AM on Sunday, August 13th from our shop at Get Up and Ride HQ (330 S. 3rd Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn). Guests are expected to arrive at 10:40AM for check-in, 10:10AM if you're renting a bike.
- We will provide FREE shuttle bus transportation for guests and bikes from Rockaway Beach back to Get Up and Ride's HQ in Williamsburg at the conclusion of the event at 8PM.
- BRING a waterbottle, towel, bluetooth speaker to play music (we want the ride thumping), sunscreen, cash and good vibes.
- Fitness level is above average for this tour. We cover approximately 20 miles in 3 hours, but on slightly hilly terrain. We ride almost exclusively on bike lanes.
- This event is FREE but you MUST RSVP
- Half way stop will include snacks and drinks compliments of Clif Bar and Purity Organics
- Our tours require a minimum age of 13 years.