The Brooklyn Waterfront Bike Tour
Explore New York's hippest borough, from Williamsburg to the Brooklyn Bridge, with our top-rated Brooklyn Waterfront bike tour. Effective September 2nd, we will no longer be offering this tour as a public tour, only as a private tour.
Artists, musicians, startups, urban development, energy: Brooklyn has got it all. Get down like a local and roll through the corners of Brooklyn you'll never see from a bus. Tour details as follows:
Offered daily at 10AM | 4 hours long
$85 x person
Light and comfortable bikes provided
Max of 10 people x group
In-ear headsets provided so you don't miss a thing
Cruise Brooklyn's most iconic neighborhoods.
From Williamsburg to the Brooklyn Navy Yard, DUMBO, and Brooklyn Heights, our tour takes you through Brooklyn's past, present, and future. We'll stop along the way to check out the borough's hidden gems, and maybe even ride through a fire hydrant or two!
Can you say "Instagram Overload"?
The jaw-dropping views along the East River waterfront are just begging to flood your Instagram feed. Standing under the Brooklyn Bridge with the Manhattan skyline in the background... do you have what it takes to snap the perfect mirrored-sunglasses-selfie?
Fuel your ride.
We pride ourselves on showing our guests the best off-the-beaten-path places to grab a quick bite or a caffeine boost. Grab a scone and a pour-over from one of the most respected coffee roasters in Brooklyn, nestled in the heart of Williamsburg.
Experience Brooklyn's transformation.
Brooklyn's waterfront used to be the center of industry, commerce and trade. Now it's the cultural center of NYC. Experience the transformation and learn what caused this "tough" borough to change so dramatically in the last 10 years.
Don't forget about lunch!
Manhattan isn't the only place in NYC to grab a killer bite. We like to mix up the lunch stop depending on what our groups are into. Fancy a taco? Can't wait to get your hands on some real NYC pizza? We've got you covered, and on Saturdays everybody wins when we visit the legendary Smorgasburg!
Meet your new BFFN (Best Friend For Now).
The reason our tours are so popular is simple: our guides are cool people (actors, musicians, film-makers, and yogis) that you'll actually want to spend time with. Not only do they all have all the info on where you're going and what you'll see, they've all got their own stories to make the experience truly personal. Bonus: Get pro tips on where to go and what to do during the rest of your stay in NYC!
- Sign up online and you'll be emailed a confirmation with all the details you need to get to our shop and be ready to ride! Advance Tickets are required.
- On this tour we'll ride through the following neighborhoods: Williamsburg, Wallabout AKA The Brooklyn Navy Yard, Dumbo and Brooklyn Heights.
- 10AM start time means you should be there at least 30 minutes before for setup on your bike and safety chat! We leave promptly at 10AM which means if you're not there when we leave then you've missed the tour and won't be eligible for a refund. Check Google Maps and be sure you know where you're going before you wake up that morning.
- Where we go and what we see changes depending on the day and our guests' interests. We like to keep it fresh so stops and general itinerary of the tour are not 100% guaranteed. Issues like flat tires, weather and group pace can also affect how much we're able to see on any given ride. Tours are for a set period of time, 4.5-5 hours generally.
- We are located in 330 S. 3rd Street in Williamsburg, Brooklyn in a physical storefront (with a bathroom!). Google Get Up and Ride and you'll get direction right to our shop. We recommend taking the subway or Uber if possible, we're located a few blocks away from the Marcy Avenue, J or M trains and the Lorimer Street L train.
- Tour price includes bike, helmet and walkie talkie w/ headset but doesn’t include any food or drinks at tour stops. Plan for about $20 for light snacks along the way. Also gratuities are not included, please consider tipping your guide if you enjoyed the ride.
- Fitness level is moderate for this tour. We cover approximately 12 miles in 5 hours, but on mostly flat terrain and very few slight hills. We ride almost exclusively on bike lanes.
- Minimum age requirement for this tour is 13 years old but we can still hook you up with a private tour if you're looking to ride with younger kids.
- We DO NOT cross the Brooklyn Bridge but instead get right underneath it. We focus 100% of our tour on Brooklyn's neighborhoods and encourage folks to walk the bridge if they really want to do it.
- New York City weather is so unpredictable and hard to keep up with! Most of the time, it doesn't rain for the entirety of the tour, or it doesn't end up raining until after the tour. Because of this, we ride rain or shine and we'll use rain ponchos to keep you dry and happy! We cancel ONLY if a flash-flood warning or severe thunderstorm warning is issued by NYC, and in this case we'll issue a full refund on the day of the tour if either of these events occur. But we won't let the rain ruin our parade! We'll be the cool kids in the bike lanes with our bike friendly ponchos.